• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mods to crtdbg working except with STL

This topic is 5624 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am working on using the crtdbg memory tracking functions. One thing I am doing is fixing the problem with getting erroneous file and line info in the debug report (when _CRTDBG_MAP_ALLOC is defined). My change I added to the top of my file is: inline void __cdecl operator delete(void * p, const char* sFile, int nLine) { ::operator delete(p); } inline void* __cdecl operator new(unsigned int s, const char* sFile, int nLine) { return ::operator new(s, _NORMAL_BLOCK, sFile, nLine); } #ifdef _DEBUG #define new new(__FILE__, __LINE__) #endif This works fine for almost everything I''ve done so far, until I start using the STL. As soon as #include <iostream>, I get this compiler error: include\xmemory(29) : error C2665: ''new'' : none of the 5 overloads can convert parameter 1 from type ''char [62]'' Whats up with that? My best guess so far is that xmemory is using a different version new and my macro is mangling it, but I''m not sure. Any ideas?

Advertisement

• Advertisement