question about SKY BOX

Started by
6 comments, last by ababkin 21 years, 6 months ago
hey I get annoying thin lines on the edges when I make a sky box. How do I get rid of them? Thank you ps : Is it possible to insert pictures on this forum? would have been useful!
Alex BabkinAlias|WavefrontResearch Department
Advertisement
here is the screenshot...

LINK
if your using opengl u get rid of the lines by using gl_clamp_to_edge, u put it in the code where u originally bind the texture, if u need follow up help ill help u tomorrow, im really tired today and its late, hope i helped a bit at least, later

,Matt

-= kill one your a murderer, kill thousands your a conquerer =-
-= kill one you're a murderer, kill thousands you're a conquerer =-
i had the same problem b4, heard that it''s about nVidia GPU problem... so at last, i''m not using 0.0f & 1.0f for my skybox texture UV, use 0.002f & 0.998f instead, the result is pretty acceptable for me.
I use direct3d and it cannot be the GPU issue since i run it on Savage4 chipset.
Regarding taking 0.001 and 0.999 or so - I want to avoid doing that since it theoretically at least, entails the unevenness and discontinuity between the textures.

Keep it coming tho

Thanks
Alex
Instead of 0.1/0.9 use 0+offset and 1-offset, where offset is 1/textureWidth. Similar effect as gl_clamp really.
Do this.

// Mirror Texture
m_pGraphicsDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSU, D3DTADDRESS_MIRROR );
m_pGraphicsDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSV, D3DTADDRESS_MIRROR );
m_pGraphicsDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSW, D3DTADDRESS_MIRROR );

Render()...

// Wrap Texture
m_pGraphicsDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSU, D3DTADDRESS_WRAP );
m_pGraphicsDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSV, D3DTADDRESS_WRAP );
m_pGraphicsDevice->SetTextureStageState( 0, D3DTSS_ADDRESSW, D3DTADDRESS_WRAP );
Many thanks to you guyz

setting texture addresing to MIRROR didnt help tho
but offsetting the texture coordinates on the corners did.
I get perfect skybox now

Thanx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement