• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ByteMe95

Checking Video mem used + added Q

This topic is 5738 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

IS tehre any way to check how much vid mem is currently being used in DX and maybe even how much vid mem is left? On a separate but somewhat related note, Ive run my game in DX Debug mode and on exit it says that I havent released a bunch of objects. Anyoen know of any easy way to track down where these mem leaks might actually be? Thanks guys (and gals? ) ByteMe95::~ByteMe95() My S(h)ite

Advertisement
Hmmm, I just found IDirect3DDevice8::GetAvailableTextureMem(). Anyone know anything about this function? Also, will that give how much vid mem is left or just texture memory, and if so where exactly does Vertex/index buffer data get stored and how do I check how much space that is occupying??

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
My S(h)ite

Wow, I cant believe I didnt get any replies on this, I thought I would get a bunch. Surely someone knows how to do this (check how much mem gets used)

anyway, really just wanted to move this post up so people see it, sorry

ByteMe95::~ByteMe95()
My S(h)ite

After a 2 second search in MSDN, I came upon this article which explains the IDirect3DDevice8::GetAvailableTextureMem() function.

[edited by - Anthracks on October 1, 2002 8:08:37 PM]

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!