• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DemonHarry

Perspective/Viewing Volumn Evil-ness

This topic is 5740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm having some problems developing a simple 3D viewer past the UVN world to viewer matrix as my perspective/view volumn matrix doesn't affect the verticies correctly. i think i have implemented the UVN matrix correctly and multiplied the verticies correctly as they are displayed correctly but without perspective. When i multiply them against the perspective matrix and perform the perspective/homogeneous divide the points points arn't displayed correctly and move erratically when i move the viewpoint. I was wondering if any one else had had this problem? or if anyone might know where i have gone wrong or has any hints on where to look for an answer. my perspective matrix. where f = the far plane of the View volumn, d = fore plane, h = the size of the view plane portal.

f = 1000;
	h = 10;
	d = 10;

dh = d/h;
	fndenom = f-d;

Tpers.e[0][0] = dh;			Tpers.e[0][1] = 0;		Tpers.e[0][2] = 0;		Tpers.e[0][3] = 0;
	Tpers.e[1][0] = 0;			Tpers.e[1][1] = dh;		Tpers.e[1][2] = 0;		Tpers.e[1][3] = 0;
	Tpers.e[2][0] = 0;			Tpers.e[2][1] = 0;		Tpers.e[2][2] = f/fndenom;	Tpers.e[2][3] =	1;	
	Tpers.e[3][0] = 0;			Tpers.e[3][1] = 0;		Tpers.e[3][2] = -(d*f)/fndenom;	Tpers.e[3][3] = 0;

Thanks. [edited by - DemonHarry on October 1, 2002 5:57:45 AM]

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!