Where to go now?

Started by
1 comment, last by esolem 21 years, 6 months ago
Hello all. After a break in my game dev learning, i''ve decided to start up again. A couple of years back I made a tetris clone in directX/VB and a brakeout clone in DirectX/C++. Now I what to do something else, maybe 3D. Where should I start? Most of the tutorials on the net is OpenGL based, but most games I play require DirectX. Isn''t DirectX the way to go? Also, is there any "how to make a 3d game from scratch"-tutorals out there? I would like to make a 3d FPS, but any 3d games will do. One more thing, any good tutorials on how to organize you code? I usualy end ut with one gigantic, messy source file, no real objects and no order in my code. I know this is more on the beginner-programmer side of things, but I know some progarammin (not much c++, but geting there), but I missed the "how to do it neat"-class at school (a long time ago). And also a how to use objects in your games-tutorial. Wow, lost of questions here. If some of there tutorials don''t excist, maybe one of you can make one Thanks Endre
Advertisement
There is a series of tutorials called 'Code on the Cob' by Chris Hargrove in Game Programming section. These could help You get Your code more organized.

About DirectX - it's not the only way to go. You can use which one You like. Personally I prefer OpenGL, but it's a matter of taste.

[edited by - Andrzej Wasylkowski on October 1, 2002 6:53:10 AM]
Well directx is not needed ,in fact its easier to port a game that is programmed in OpenGL, as its multi platform. But if you want Directx tutorials, im not sure if it does 3d but its all Directx, made by Teej http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=33
"The bible is probably the most genocidal book ever written!" Noam Chomsky

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement