Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fup

[OT] 3D Function Plotter

Kylotan    10010
Maybe GNUPlot will help? I''ve only used it for 2D but the FAQ claims it supports ''plotting of three-dimensional data points and surfaces in many different styles (contour plot, mesh)''.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]

Timkin    864
Grab yourself a demo version of Matlab from www.mathworks.com

Alternatively, write one a graphical output yourself... won''t take more than a few days of learning/coding!

As a final idea, if you only want a couple of functions and it''s a once off, send me the data and I''ll send you back the plots.

Cheers,

Timkin

fup    463
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Timkin, I''ll take you up on your offer. I require two 3D plots of a Gaussian distribution. One with double the variance of the other.

Many thanks

ai-junkie.com

Timkin    864
quote:
Original post by fup
I''m sorted now Timkin. Thanks for the offer anyway.

ai-junkie.com

Sorry I didn''t get back to you in time... I got caught up yesterday afternoon doing other things and didn''t see your response requesting the plot.

May I ask what you wanted the plots for?

Timkin

fup    463
Just as a visualization for the neighbourhood function in a SOM (my next tutorial). I didn''t need anything accurate. In fact I ended up just drawing a 2D curve by hand and it does the job okay.

ai-junkie.com