Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BauerGL

How is the demomaking going? ;)

BauerGL    467
Hello all, I was just wondering how far you all are with your demos. Plus have you got any tips for someone thats fairly used to coding but have never done any demo before? Thanks and code happily!

spud    122
Well, I just started my demo a couple weeks ago. I had no previous experience in programming with OpenGL, and rather limited experience in C++. Now I''ve gotten some great practice over the past couple weeks. I''ve got timing, music/graphic synchronization, particles, blending, etc etc all down. However, I still need some inspiration on how to continue on such a big project. (I would like the demo to end up being like 9 minutes.) I can only imagine how cool it would be to be part of a demogroup.

NeXius    124
I''ve just started, myself...

Can''t give you many tips though, as I''ve only made one demo in the past (gamedev''s 4e3) and it didn''t place too well anyway(24th).

Dunge    405
I want to do a demo but for now I just have a small engine not working properly and mp3 laoding... I don''t have any graphics or anything and I''m too lazy I don''t think I will make it for halloween