Another Newb Team... Heheheh

Started by
28 comments, last by BrokenCloud 21 years, 6 months ago
Alright, I will be announcing the 4 people who I will be choosing. However, first I would like to thank all the people who sent their applications and posted. I would also like to say, if you are as dedicated to games as me, i'm pretty sure you can make your own group if you try . Also i'm hoping to atleast keep this team and maybe evolve it into a company for atleast a year or so. If you can not do this and you were chosen, please send me an e-mail ASAP! (as soon as possible) Last note for this paragraph. I hope you all have ms vc++ 6 or greater!

And a response to simon10k, no, i am not AtomicToxin, I was however Dark Templar [med], [eng], [hvy] and such hehehe... not very creative but hey whatever. hehe

To answer Tigra7's questions. I will be setting up a java chat on a private web site (password protected). There will also be a download page for excercises and maybe 3 times a week we will meet, have lessons, ask questions and talk I guess. Now with the money issue. When we do get good, yes, we will be charging. Maybe $8-10 a game? Who knows. Then I will be splitting up the money and you will then be paid . I don't know how I am going to split the money, but time will tell. All i know is when we make a good sale, I will be using part of the money to buy a good server and also a domain name . Since right now, I'm short on cash.

I'll be needing an experienced C++ programmer. Tigra7 seems to be a good candidate, but jumping the bandwagon isn't a good sign. If you are dedicated, and am able to spend atleast a year, then I will let you join. (senior programmor, since you will probably the most experienced ).

Artists are what makes the game beautiful and captures the imagination. Since the only artist that responded was simon10k, If you wish, I will let you join. Just a note, this will be a non paying job. Like all others. I hope you can make other different type of graphics too. Also, if you wish to take part in the lessons and help out with other people you may. However you will be listed under Concept Artist.

Musicians, FlamePixel, you like simon10k are the only people who signed up for the position. So, hmm... the same goes to you as what I said about the artist positon. You can join in the lessons and help out with c++ if you wish. As I said with the artists, your name will go under Music Director.

NOW FOR THE HARD PART
I will choose 3 programmers, I'm sorry if you didn't make it. There was nothing against you are anything, I just had to make the choice. I like to keep the team small, since as Tigra7 said, it's hard to communicate and he has quite a large team (i think). Well, here goes nothing.

O before i begin, I reviewed all those e-mails i got from before I posted my last post. Just so you know . Last thing, I will be posting the e-mails since I don't know all of your usernames.

Ok, lets begin, without further a due:

1.christianhasoi@hotmail.com
Comments: If direction is what you need, then direction is what you can achieve. Stay focus and enjoy what you are doing and it will all come together. This leadership is what I hope to achieve, and as the leader, I say welcome.

2.Mindarian@myrealbox.com
Comments: Don't underestimate age, wisdom and knowledge is something you can gain through hard work or you are born with it and again, you will have the hard work to prove it. Like i've said before, dedication is the key to this team. If you have it, I welcome you aboard.

3.flipp3r@bellsouth.net
Comments: I hope i'am doing the right thing, 2 years and you know what i'm talking about. However, I was in your shoes and I do know how it feels. However, what kept me going is motivation. If you are dedicated as I have said over and over. I will be also be glad to see you aboard .

Now for other notes:
codeg00f@cox.net - If you wish to join my HTML project, e-mail me . If you wish to be the webmaster, also e-mail me . Also, if you think you can handle the position, e-mail me too !

Concluding Paragraph
Again, I would like to thank all those who participated. It was a hard and long time choosing who and such. I'm sorry if I sent that message about the site thingy.. url. Anybody who responded to this will get a reply stating to look at this post . Also the top portions (Artist, Snr Prog, Music Dir) are positions if you didn't know . SPECIAL NOTE: to all those I chose, I just hope you are all (anybody keeping count on the word Dedicated in this post?) VERY DEDICATED TO THIS TEAM, because I don't like wasting time. If you aren't dedicated, Send ME an E-MAIL ASAP and tell me you quit instead of me telling you month or so that you are fired (yes, you can get fired)!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, i must rest my hands for... 1 min hehehe...

From, P. Nguyen (Broken Cloud)

*Edit* Grammer mistake, very picky about grammer, but don't point out my grammer mistakes if you find one .

Incoming Message:
Help! Help! My Cloud Is Gone!!!

[edited by - BrokenCloud on October 3, 2002 5:46:31 PM]
Incoming Message:Help! Help! My Cloud Is Gone!!!
Advertisement
Dark Templar, I've seen him around. Most people knew me anyhow and you probably will too, I was one of the early lvl 100s. =)

*Edit*

I've decided not to join a team, I have learned a great deal about C++ this past year just through reading and plan to learn a lot more through books.

Although I am deeply affended I was not a chosen candidate for the job! *Only joking* =P

[edited by - simon10k on October 3, 2002 7:18:49 PM]
-----------------------------Language: C++API: Win32, DirectXCompiler: VC++ 2003
What kinda music do u want me to start on?

-FlamePixel
Please note: This is over. Not the team, but submitting your application. UNLESS you are willing to do the graphics, since simon10k jumped at the last minute and you should know 2d and 3d graphics. When you do e-mail me about that, please put ART as the subject!

O, and flamepixel, hang tight for now, I'll send you an e-mail about details later since we haven't done much of a write up for the game or decided what game to do.

Note: E-mail is PNNet@hotmail.com

For all those I did choose, please check your e-mail because, the site's url is on the e-mail. If not, reply and ask me if you can't find it . Your e-mails are the one that you registered under gamedev.net. O, and don't use the e-mail above (pnnet@hotmail.com), use the one with my name...

*edit* I changed can to can't hehehe

Thanks, Broken Cloud

Incoming Message:

[edited by - BrokenCloud on October 4, 2002 3:36:51 PM]
NOTE: For all those who are browsing here that should be in IRC, I know it''s around another 1 1/2 an hour left, but just drop in.

Thanks, BrokenCloud
I was just wondering if I was accepted to be on the team. I think I read something about being accepted but I just wanted to make sure. If so, I can start working on tutorials for the website... I was the one who wrote the "CMo''s Tutorials" series on instinctz.net. If you want to look at some of my tutorials, go there (My name is RADIOHEAD). I haven''t been able to check my e-mail because I was grounded, heh, im only 13 ya know.

I am currently working on a game right now, my first 3d attempt. You can check out some screenshots at my website but don''t expect it to be updated . That is just showing some of my DX work so that you can see my progress. I know that the textures etc. for the 3d demo aren''t all that great but thats because I''m not that great of an artist.

My E-mail is BasketballMo@comcast.net if you wanted to know.
My AIM is MarshallMan84

- God Bless

- Chris
. . . where''s your website?
O shoot, I think that he might not want me to join anymore.

I finally was able to check my e-mail and I had about 10 e-mails from him warning me to go to the meetings. He didn''t seem very happy. If I had known that these meetings were happening I defiately would have been going to them.

The website is www.geocities.com/silent_storm_inc/index.html

I know the design sucks but it does the job of being a place to post my projects and demos.

- God bless

- Chris
O shoot, I think that he might not want me to join anymore.

I finally was able to check my e-mail and I had about 10 e-mails from him warning me to go to the meetings. He didn't seem very happy. If I had known that these meetings were happening I defiately would have been going to them.

The website is www.geocities.com/silent_storm_inc/index.html

I know the design sucks but it does the job of being a place to post my projects and demos.

NOTE: Sorry about the double post

- God bless

- Chris

[edited by - Tigra7 on October 6, 2002 4:26:46 PM]
Hey,

Ok, it's not a place to post my site's url, but i'm going to do it anyways . Well, currently the sites at http://MicronZero.tk.
A new design will come out at around 7et. It will be a bit more colourful than this one...

Thanks for all those who tuned in on this. O, and Chris, I don't know anymore... 13 is 13... but I can't have you away all the time. I need you there 99.99999999999~% of the time. If you can handle it... meet me at the same location at the same time.

(Forgot to add, it's TODAY)

Incoming Message:

[edited by - BrokenCloud on October 11, 2002 6:10:09 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement