Another Newb Team... Heheheh

Started by
28 comments, last by BrokenCloud 21 years, 6 months ago
Hey, I'm going to start my own team and maybe take the load off of Tigra7... if he wants it or not hehehe. I just need 2 or so people who have little or no experience with C++. I will be posting up a site where users can send requests and such.. currently I just need 2 or 3 maybe even 4 for a small programming team. I'll also accept any artist and anybody who can be the umm... music director. (1 or 2 in thos field will do). Here's my plan for the team (for the programmers) 1. Learn the basics of C++ (maybe some text games) 2. Go into a bit of windows 32 programming 3. Then move on to the Direct X 4. Make a 2d game, maybe simular to Infantry if you know that game, if not it's on Sony station. It's single player for now... maybe we'll put multiplayer later OR 4. Create an rpg game maybe 2d sort of similar to dransik and then expand it to multiplayer. Here's my plan for the artists 1. Create some art I guesss.. it will depend on whether we do an RPG game or a Bird eye view shooter game 2. When we decide which to make and give it a name, a title screen would also be nice Here's my plan for the music director 1. Create sound effects and some background music would be nice... So, if your interested, post or E-mail me: PNNet@hotmail.com Just a note: Try to be around or near the Eastern Time Zone, thanks. Ways of contacts will either be through MSN or AOL. Or also the web site. Thanks, P. Nguyen Incoming Message: Help! Help! My Cloud Is Gone!!! [edited by - BrokenCloud on October 1, 2002 5:08:40 PM]
Incoming Message:Help! Help! My Cloud Is Gone!!!
Advertisement
Sounds fun. Any more info yet on the programming side? Timeline, etc.
Hi,
I want to join your group. I already sent you an email.

thx.
Hmm, this sounds interesting to me also.

(If you don''t know me, then it''s because this is my first time here. I really like the layout of GameDev and it''s purpose, and I myself know little-to-nothing of C++/game programming , even though I''ve done some smaller scripts from this C++ book I''d bought, but nothing that lasted too long, and the same goes for my other attempts to try and delve further into programming, and maybe this is just the incentive I need.)

Anyways, I''m already sending the e-mail too. Hope this turns out something good, and I''ll try my best to contribute.
Doh! Left my password field blank
Logic takes care of itself; all we have to do is to look and see how it does it. -Ludwig Wittgenstein
I''ll join your group if you will have me
Drink Beer
why why why must it ALWAYS be a RPG!?!?

how bout a sport game? or racing.. or ACTION. ?

no. its always RPG
http://www.mattherb.com now with CATCAM!
quote:Original post by angrytofu

no. its always RPG

cause RPG rules

[edited by - xaxa on October 2, 2002 8:33:21 AM]
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
When I was about 10 writing on the Apple //e the most fun I had was planning a RPG and writing things on paper. Though I never really got down to coding much. but its ok.. I was having so much fun planning!

Now the thing I find amusing is using Facestation to map peoples faces (people I know) and put them on 3d models.

From there I might try a boxing game or something.. it just seems funny the idea of watching to people I know slug it out

i wish poser 5 would come out
http://www.mattherb.com now with CATCAM!
<SPAN CLASS=smallfont>quote:4. Make a 2d game, maybe simular to Infantry if you know that game, if not it's on Sony station. It's single player for now... maybe we'll put multiplayer later
</SPAN>

Heh, I don't belive Infantry is 2D I do belive it is more 3D with 2D graphics. Mainly because lets think of grav ball if that is still around the ball went up into the air therefore you can conclude it is a 3 demensional game. I used to play it quiet a lot when it was free and it was in alpha. Plus, I do belive you are some what having much to high expecations for someone who is start into C++. I had nearly the same expectations and I searched forever to find a basic engine to use. Only to end up saying fu** this shit ill make my own. I do however now have 3 engines :P 2 2D engines and 1 3D engine its quite amusing to see someone wanting to make a game like infantry such as I did so long ago. But anyways if you do belive you can do it thats great if you want ill even help out.

<SPAN CLASS=smallfont>quote:
Original post by angrytofu
no. its always RPG
</SPAN>

Heh, I almost think this has to do with many people that enjoy computers and programming have a sense to think logically. As well as many RPG's require you to think logically. This concludes that
if(you.likeRpgsReallyAlot()) you.mayBecome(gameProgrammer);

<SPAN CLASS=editedby>[edited by - DevLiquidKnight on October 2, 2002 12:41:29 PM]</SPAN>

[Edited by - DevLiquidKnight on December 14, 2005 1:34:47 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement