Does Anyone Here Use Gmax...?

Started by
4 comments, last by -dcx- 21 years, 6 months ago
I was just wondering if anyone here uses Gmax, I was looking at the discreet website and that''s how I found out about Gmax. I can''t affor 3d studio max right now so I might just go with this one. How exactly does it work, is just like 3d studio max?
Advertisement
we haven''t played with it much here, but it looks and feels just like 3ds max. it has much of the same functionality, just scaled down a bit. noteably, it doesn''t have support for exporting.
dedrickwww.whiteknucklegames.com
Can gmax render a scene?

http://roninmagus.hopto.org
acronymfinder.com - Find any acronym you need!

[edited by - Ronin Magus on October 1, 2002 11:00:56 PM]
No, it is used for making your own models for existing games, if it came with a renderer, it would be giving away a expensive program that they sell (3D Studio Max.)

/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/-\/\-/-\
Hurry! We must stop the forces of evil!

WHAT FORCES OF EVIL?
/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-Hurry! We must stop the forces of evil!WHAT FORCES OF EVIL?
For many users, this program is good for nothing.

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
I understand peoples annoyance with the Gmax export problem, but I think you are missing the point of the software. It’s not a free modeller for the games community (it would be nice if it was), but a licensed modeller for games that have the Gmax compatibility. This means the world to people who own such games. I don’t think discreet should be put down for that, though I do think 3Dmax is still over priced.

Paul

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement