2D Games

Started by
10 comments, last by piwh 21 years, 6 months ago
need i say c&c ?? The most successful 2d game ever. More popular than quake 3 and other fps games that were available at the time of red alert 2 : yuris revenge for instance. Star wars battlegrounds (even though it is just age of empires in a new shell) was also more popular than other fps games released at the same time. So 2d is definately not worthless even though some zealous fps supporters insist on it. Both 2d AND 3d is here to stay. Both have their place. The problem as I see it is that most games are utter crap.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Timbo_M45
not everyone is gunna have a 2 GHz, Voodoo X card, and all the ram in the world to throw into a nice PC.

I dont have a good computer, it''s anoying to find that the best game my computer can run is unreal tournement, and it does so badly.

I know what you mean Duranstrife, all the good games out there now are 3D, sadly 2D games are deterioriating.

one of the only main games that i know are 2D are the final fantasy series,Final Fantasy 2- Final Fantasy 9 where all in 2D, and there great.

Whatever happens to 2D one thing will stay the same, with 2D and 3D, the gameplay is the moast important.

You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement