3D landscape engines

Started by
1 comment, last by Freeride Designs 24 years ago
Hi there, I''m fairly new to 3D programming and have been looking through a fair few documents/tutorials, but I can''t really find anything good on outdoor landscape engines. I''d like to know where I could find some good landscape tutorials, but preferably starting with fairly simple stuff. I don''t want to use any APIs, I want to write all my own code so that I know whats happening, after this I''ll probably go onto APIs. So please point me in the direction of any and all possibly useful URLs. Thanks for your time. Carl Warwick
----------------
Black Edge Games
----------------
Advertisement
ditto

I am in the same situation. And please do not suggest voxels. I want to do it with polys

Thanx
Find some information on quadtree, they are very useful in terrain rendering. Check out the Programming resources here on Gamedev, check out www.longbowdigitalarts.com there is a thread called Rottger/Quadtree which discusses a terrain algorithm. In there you''ll find some links. Check out Peter Lindström''s homepage, he "Real-Time, Continuous Level of Detail Rendering of Height Fields" paper.
Visit VTerrain.org.

Greets Tobias

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement