• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

beowulf

DirectSound problem

This topic is 5739 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I created a soundbuffer wrapper for DirectSound that is able to load a wave file and keep it in a number of soundbuffers (for simultaneous playback of the same sample). On loading a wave file it takes the DirectSound interface object as a parameter. Now here is the problem: it works fine with loading ONE sample this way (in any number of copies), however when I create another wavewrapper object it fails while trying to load the sample. If you can find any explanation of this please tell me what I'm doing wrong. http://www.moviecodec.com/cpp/wavewrapper.cpp http://www.moviecodec.com/cpp/wavewrapper.h (The function to load a wave file into sound buffer comes from André LaMothes "trick of the windows game programming gurus"). When creaing object this works: explosionWave1 = new WaveWrapper(); if (!explosionWave1->LoadWAVE("wav\\EXP0.WAV",NUM_XPLO_FX_CHAN,myDSInterface)) FatalError("Error LoadWAVE"); and this works: fireWave1 = new WaveWrapper(); if (!fireWave1->LoadWAVE("wav\\11kcannon.wav",NUM_FIRE_FX_CHAN,myDSInterface)) FatalError("Error LoadWAVE"); BUT this does NOT work: explosionWave1 = new WaveWrapper(); if (!explosionWave1->LoadWAVE("wav\\EXP0.WAV",NUM_XPLO_FX_CHAN,myDSInterface)) FatalError("Error LoadWAVE"); fireWave1 = new WaveWrapper(); if (!fireWave1->LoadWAVE("wav\\11kcannon.wav",NUM_FIRE_FX_CHAN,myDSInterface)) FatalError("Error LoadWAVE"); Weird [edited by - beowulf on October 2, 2002 6:27:18 AM]

Advertisement
And the solution was even more weird! Now I have a memory leak, I commented out "free(snd_buffer);" in the load wave function and now it works; but now it has a memory leak

Hi, I am just tampering in that area too, looking for something similiar. - Created a class with a few soundbuffers (channels) - but had the problem just to have one pipeline. What I did (which is not a solution, but just a circumvention of the problem) was that I used the duplicate methode after my main buffer had read in the file.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!