java++

Started by
10 comments, last by code_fx 21 years, 6 months ago
quote:Original post by code_fx
Well I am taking java and am not liking it... What can I do with java to make it more interesting... Is it possible for me to make games on java... it is similar to C++ but also not the same... I need some motivation... the things that I can do with this language, its exe. is slower than C++ is it that much of a difference.

P.S. They stopped teaching C last semester and started teaching Java++ this semester and now I am stuck with this

Yes, you can make games with java. Check out my site for two applet games with source:

http://www.geocities.com/nonnus29/index.htm

[edited by - nonnus29 on October 2, 2002 6:14:38 PM]
Advertisement
Can java be made into a game? One word, Runescape. Most of you who know runescape may say it sucks, but hey, can you do better? They have their own 3D engine, they''ve built a fairly big world and they are going to upgrade their graphics. Even though I don''t really like how the graphics look, not a crisp as if you were to make it for o let''s say windows, but it''s JAVA. I''m not saying java is bad or anything, but I think you have more options in C++ since you don''t have to worry about what type of connection does the user have. There''s also more choices I think.

A Beef from Broken Cloud!

Incoming Message:
Help! Help! My Cloud Is Gone!!!
Incoming Message:Help! Help! My Cloud Is Gone!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement