Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RoTTer

ARP packets

RoTTer    444
Hey I was gonna search this (I rarely post cause I can find it on the search most of the time ), but search is down, so bear with me . I did some UDP and TCP communications with Windows already, and I dont know very well the Ethernet/whatever theory behind it all, but I wanted to send data thru my network card not bound to UDP/TCP protocols, I wanted to send somehting like raw data, cause I wanna send ARP packets. Im not really sure how it works, and if its possible (maybe Im mixing things up), I just know if it was old DOS I could just start sending data to the network card, like I did to the modem, and it would work fine. I tried googling for that but couldnt really find anything useful... Anyone has any ideas on how to send raw data, or maybe just some other protocols not-UDP/TCP, some lower level protocols like ARP, IP, ... ? Thanks a bunch, -RoTTe

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Try a search for "Raw Sockets". I''m not sure wether that lets you write to the IP layer, or if it lets you get lower...but it''s worth a shot.