Code question?

Started by
15 comments, last by DevLiquidKnight 21 years, 6 months ago
I always wanted to use forthran but i never could find a free compiler hehe
Advertisement
1945 baby... oh yeah...
http://www.computer.org/annals/an1997/a2017abs.htm

Then fortran, then lisp (''56?)

Though, I''d agree fortran was the first widely accepted language.

Anybody know objective-c? looks like fun stuff...
What is objective-c? I have never heard of this must understand must learn!
quote:Original post by DevLiquidKnight
I always wanted to use forthran but i never could find a free compiler hehe

g77. Any *nix distro will have it.

http://www.geom.umn.edu/software/w3kit/overview/objective-c.html

google is good

And this forum thread.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
If a new programming "language" come and let you "write" (may not even need to literally write/type) a complete app without writing loops, ifs, and also let you develop the app in much less time than c++, then it will likely to make c++ fade away. Of course recent IDEs and their wizards don''t count.

Even that wont cause C++ to fade away, that langauge would be better suited to things which arent games, because as you become more abstract you lose low level control of things, if that wasnt the case then alot more commerical games would be written in complied BASIC and not C and C++

imho, C and C++ will never go away, I think its a nice mid-point between the speed of pure assembler and the abstractness of things such as BASIC

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement