Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prime

Website for Macross fan game "Screaming Valkyries"

Hi, I am working on a 2D side-scroller game based in the Macross universe. The game is still in its early stages, but I have put a website up to give you an idea of what it will be like, so if you are so inclined, please drop by to the Screaming Valkyries website... http://valkyries.tripod.ca An alpha demo will be released shortly...

Hey, whoa, this is looking really cool. I hope this turns out well. How far along is it complete? I wouldn''t mind playing the finished version, or a demo of the first level/area. Keep it up.

~Ven

Hi Ven,

Things are coming along quite well, and I hope to have an alpha demo available in a few days. The basic game is done, as in collision detection, player input, and so on. The bulk of the remaining work has to do with adding all the enemies, setup screens, more weapons, etc. In case you didn''t see it, you can keep an eye on the progress of the game on the status page of the site. I try and keep it updated. The demo will just have a few dumb drones that you can shoot down. You will also be able to transform your fighter and fly around to get the feel of the controls. Keep an eye on the site for the demo, and thanks for the kind words

Cheers,
Prime