• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PR Joint Effort, code design draft!!!

This topic is 6520 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Hmm that weird didnt accept the html tag!

http://home.quixnet.net/~mangel/DarkDesign.txt

I have read the code design. Its ok. So its been decided we would be using C++, would u be also doing the coding?

Ok. I could have answered ouside, but I wanted to check this style our friend voodoo has hacked here ...
Well Nat, I dont know... I actually think it will be better to use c functions, so we dont mix code, remember PR code is based in c functions. however we can try and see if it "sticks" (I suppose you will coding AI with it) but I personally will be using C functions, and yes, I will be coding too!

Very important who will code the multiplayer section?

p.s. Can I code the weapons section? I love weapons!

Ok! Me 2 want to code in C. esp with PR because with C++ .. we have to develop everything from start. I think what darrin had suggested was good. i.e take the Land1 template and build over it. This way we will be saving time and having something up and running quickly. But if C++ is opted we will have to modify a lot. Maybe we should allow for mix of C/C++.

What say?

Best Wishes,
Nat

Sounds good guys,
It shouldn''t take much work to build something up over the PRland demo.
We could break the code down into more usable sections, ie Camera.c Actor.c etc etc, and then define some common data structures, so programmers could work on individual items.
I would like to see some modifications to the lsl files (As Chunk based, pretty easy to add extra bits),

1 - Need SkyBox & Skyplanes defined within the lsl, including windspeeds etc etc.
2 - Would be nice to define Gravity, Number of moons/suns, etc etc.
We could basically define a master planetary system, which would put moons and suns in correct positions throughout the game. (Given time of day etc etc) - Wouldn''t need to be in the lsl.
3 - Add in meteorological effects - rain/snow etc etc.
(I have a good way of simulating rain, will let you know when time comes)

Just some ideas,
Catch you later
Darrin

What I thought can be done is wrap the pr functions in c++ classes, but since you guys seem to like c more what we can do is, break up the classes I have there into structures an make seperate cpp files for each moduule like darrin sujested.

I still think though that some pr functions need to be wrpped up to simplify things

Anyways we are not at coding yet.

Actually I can write up a small example of what I mean wrapping up the pr functions, within a c/c++....

I will do it quickly on the weekend, if work doesn''t kill me first!

I never thought Visual C++ cared what flavor of C you used (c/c++), just as long as the code is syntactically correct.

• Advertisement