Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Springer

Problem with NeHe tutorials, err sort of...

Springer    122
I trying to take lesson on of NeHe''s tutorials and use it as the framework for my own OpenGL projects. I created a new Win32 app and created a blank C++ file to work in and the i cut and pasted the code from the first NeHe tutorial to create a blank window. When i tried to compile it and create just the blank window to make sure everything was going to work i got all sorts of link error(15 in all). Any ideas as to why the code will not work, i mean i only copied and pasted. It wouldnt have been any different if i has just typed all that in. I can open the .dsw file from that same tutorial and it will compile everything just fine. Below are all the errors that it is giving me. I think this will be some silly newbie error i am making but it has me baffled right now Thanks anyone who can help me out. [These are the errors i recieve after i create a new win32 project and copy and paste the code onto my own .cpp file and try to compile it] --------------------Configuration: framework - Win32 Debug-------------------- Compiling... framework.cpp Linking... framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _gluPerspective@32 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glLoadIdentity@0 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glMatrixMode@4 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glViewport@16 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glHint@8 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glDepthFunc@4 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glEnable@4 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClearDepth@8 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClearColor@16 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glShadeModel@4 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClear@4 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wglDeleteContext@4 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wglMakeCurrent@8 framework.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__wglCreateContext@4 LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/framework.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 15 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. framework.exe - 16 error(s), 0 warning(s)

You got to link the OpenGL libraries to your IDE. The easiest way would be to add this to your main.cpp file:

#pragma comment(lib, "OPENGL32.LIB")
#pragma comment(lib, "GLAUX.LIB")
#pragma comment(lib, "GLU32.LIB")
#pragma comment(lib, "DINPUT.LIB")

Springer    122
ugh thanks Dave...

Did i just get insulted by someone with a Limp Bizkit quote in there sig?

[edited by - Springer on October 3, 2002 1:15:08 PM]

Springer    122
actually what happened was this...

I am so used to jsut opening the .dsw files that come with tuts that i forgot that i have to link my own lib files when i make my own project.

Second after i got that figured out i was accidentally creating a Win32 console app. All that C++ has got the console window ingraved into my brain.