Posting?

Started by
10 comments, last by headidiot 21 years, 5 months ago
When is someone going to start posting in the MOD Dev section? Am I the only one interested in MOD dev? I hope not, it''ll make for a boring area of the forums. LOL. Run with the Fun!!
Run with the Fun!!
Advertisement
Shall not.
It''s not hot here,but htere''re still some people hanging on.
BTW,who can make a d2 mod?
*looks around*
*sees nothing but empty desert stretching for miles in every direction.*
*turns around and leaves*

pan narrans
Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
Hmm.... an "alone in the desert" q3 mod... where you just wander until you die.

hmmm....

might work. :-D

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.
Im bored here, not with the forums but with my life. I know i should be studying for my final exams for all of high school but i really could''nt be bothered.
So if anyone needs a concept artist for a mod project i solely rise my hand provided that i like the idea of the project ^_^, i have previous experience with 2 game projects. I was both monster/character designer. Too bad both projects went haywire nearing completion >.<
Anyway i have a website with some of my stuff on it, they aint really game design related stuff but it''s some form of crappy art never the less.

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/m/a/mark_lin/mark_lin.html

...yeah so basically if there''s an interesting project out there i would like to help heheh
Well the mod scene around GDnet certainly isn''t as hot as I thought it was back when I thought to start this forum, but give it time... anyways it''s good to see at least one old-timer I know

*waves to Michael.Van*

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

quote:Original post by Gaiiden
Well the mod scene around GDnet certainly isn''t as hot as I thought it was back when I thought to start this forum, but give it time...

Are you interested in advice on this issue?

ld
No Excuses
What, as far as spreading the word and getting more people in here? Sure but I probably wouldn''t have time to do any of it. I was more relying on the regular denizens to bring in their friends and whatnot... the resoure section needs updating too but I don''t have time to look for sites...

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

I wasn''t really thinking along those lines. A single forum for modding just seems a gross misinterpretation of how modding communities work.

Modding is typically specific to a particular game engine, and often to a particular game. If a community forms, it''s usually oriented around one of those two hubs. If a modding community is to take notice of a GD.net-type resource at all, its members would have to have reasons to do so.

Those reasons might include partnership with more specific websites, interesting projects hosted at GD.net, or well-advertised resources specific to modding problems and solutions.

With the current organization, however, I am sorry to say, there''s not much here to hold the attention of a serious modder.

IMHO, of course.
ld
No Excuses
it''s true that modding is a huge community since there are so many different games and engines and editors to work with. I was hoping for this forum to be more of a launchpad for beginner modders to get initial direction, go off and find their niche sites, but come back every now and then to get some newbies started on their way.

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement