Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

d000hg

SCrewing up my computer!

I use the GetOpenFileName & GetSaveFileName (or very similar named, sorry don''t have docs here) for my level editor. The problem is while they normally work fine, at some random point they start failing with the 0xffff error (says the dialog failed to be displayed). The only explanation the docs suggest is an invalid hWnd value in the funny struct used by these functions, but I set up that struct then leave it to be managed each time the functions are called. The wierd thing is it seems to be caused by part of my code which has nothing to do with the windows stuff. The weirdest thing is that after this failure kicks in, the functions keep failing, and so do they fail when used by other programs! Well at least they get screwed up and garbled, the font changes and sometimes they just don''t appear at all! What could I possibly have done to mess up not just my dialogs but all of Windows?! It can''t be an error in the struct surely as the struct I fill with data is only used by my app. Any clues?
Read about my game, project #1 NEW (9th September)diaries for week #5 Also I''m selling a few programming books very useful to games coders. Titles on my site.
John 3:16