Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

skilofreak

Linking errors with DirectDrawCreate.

skilofreak    122
I am running Win XP home without service pack 1, using microsoft visual c++ 6.0, and direct x 5.0 (the one installed with the compiler). I get the following linking error: --------------------Configuration: game - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... gameMain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreate@12 Debug/game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. game.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) I know this error is when the compiler cant find what you are looking for, but i know that direct draw is in the project becuase i dont get syntax errors when i define my LPDIRECTDRAW. He is the line thats messing it up so badly:
if (DirectDrawCreate(NULL,&lpdd,NULL)!=DD_OK)
   return(0);

im sure I just forgot to do something stupid, but ive even checked back in some of my books and the code looks like it should work. any help would be great. Thanks

Darrell L    122
Make sure the DX libraries are in your project''s obj/lib list: Project->Settings->Link Tab->Object/library modules entry field. You need ddraw.lib there.