Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetaKnight

Rpg Collision

MetaKnight    258
Hey guys, im making an rpg and im at the point where i need to make the collision detection. This is only my second game, some of you might have played my first, SlipStream on the 4e3 contest. That had horrible collsion, so i need help! Any tutorials or ides? I dont need any super collision dectection i ideas, just simple simple for an rpg. i have a terrain and a player in the game now.

Fidelio_    122
quote:
Original post by MetaKnight
Hey guys, im making an rpg and im at the point where i need to make the collision detection. This is only my second game, some of you might have played my first, SlipStream on the 4e3 contest.

That had horrible collsion, so i need help!

Any tutorials or ides?
I dont need any super collision dectection i ideas, just simple simple for an rpg. i have a terrain and a player in the game now.

Do you have buildings ? Do you use a BSP for buildings ? Just a heightmap should be simple, just test the terrain, the terrain the player wants to walk to, if it''s more than 30 degrees steep, push him back to the edge.
For buildings you might need a BSP solution, which makes collision detection easy.