Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sslayer

Virtual CD Drive

sslayer    122
I was wondering if anyone could help me out programming a Virtual CD Drive. I want to create software that will emulate a CDROM on windows, but one that actually reads from a ISO on the hard drive. I know there are programs out there that already do this but I want to write the code so that I can manipulate it by code. I know that it will involve writing a driver for the emulation but I would like to know where to get started. I am experienced with C++ and assembly, but I don''t think that I will need anymore than C++. Any help would be appreciated, Thanx

pieman    122
Google for "DVDsynth" - it does something similar to what you''re trying to do and includes the source-code so you can modify it to your needs.

sslayer    122
Thanks for your help guys Ill check it out

"First you get the Sugar, then you get the Power, then you get the Women" - Homer Simpson

moore52    122
im also interested in cd-emulation, abut i just found some source linux cd-emu REIKO or something like that.
If you find something better please mail me
moore52@skrzynka.pl

sslayer    122
That site helped me alot. I like it when the software is already out there and I don''t have to write it by hand. Thanx again guys.

"First you get the Sugar, then you get the Power, then you get the Women" - Homer Simpson