How would YOU like a FPS?

Started by
26 comments, last by Zaku2 21 years, 6 months ago
Would you like a shooter with a story, or an arena style(like Unreal Tournament or Quake 3 Arena) Bloody and gory, or like 007 Agent Under Fire?(with no blood..) Short with crap-loads of multiplayer games or LONG with an OK amount of multiplayer? Online? Console, PC? Futuristic, current time? Just post anything you want and I''ll never ask again =)
What in God's green earth made you move us to Utah?!
Advertisement
I like all types of fps'. From the realistic nature of CS/Rainbow Six (Demo)to exaggerated play style of Quake III/TFC. The only fps series I don't like is Unreal Tournament. Too frantic for me.

I don't have a signature

[edited by - Brian Jones on October 3, 2002 10:23:51 PM]
I don't have a signature
What kind of fps do I want?... One with an rpg in it. I want to kill people and gain experience to attribute to my stats to become godlike so I can kill better due to my experience distribution. The stats should be:

Strength(melee damage, and max weight capacity)
Speed(how fast you move)
Dexterity(how fast you reload, pick up stuff...use your hands)
Accuracy(how good you control your weapon to fire where you are aimed)
Health(... so you can walk through a rocket, and live)
Stanima(so you can run longer, without breaking)

if you think about perfect dark features, these could help
Ambidexterity - Allows you to use 2 weapons at the same time effectively
Disarm skill - It is a handy skill
Jumping - self explanatory
Eyesight - You could heal blurriness faster.

Throw all of this online and you get a great game. Newbies can still kill veterans because they aren''t immortal, etc. Balance would be important... I was gonna say something else important, but I forgot, oh well.
"Practice makes good, Perfect Practice makes Perfect"
Oooooo... I like that! My friend said something similar to that, with the RPG stuff, except he wanted it to be an actual RPG like Final Fantasy, just the battles went into first person, which I thought wouldn''t go so well...
What in God's green earth made you move us to Utah?!
i want a fps like a well done action movie
one with lots of killing, lots of action, lots of explosions and lots of insane unrealistic stunts. plot can be the typical bad guy steals girl and sells drugs to lil kids kinda thing. not to important.

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
I quite liked Agent Under Fire actually, but I do think that it needed a stronger story. So hopes are high for 007:NightFire. IF the PC version is being developed by Gearbox then it can''t be too bad, can it? But for pity''s sake, give it blood. What is a shooter without blood?

One game I would be interested to try is America''s Army... interesting concept and game dynamics by what I hear.

If at first you don''t succeed, call it version 1.0

SketchSoft | SketchNews

Please, it''s just doodle... bloody taken username =P
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
I like Fps that have a story,especially something about anti-government or sci-fi(like Halflife)
But I don''t like Fps as missions(SoF,etc.)
I don''t like most of the pvp fps(q3,ut...),but except c-s.
Number one thing I like in a FPS: aatmosphere.

This is so important. I think this is largely resposible for the success of Half-Life, MoA:AA, AvP, System Shock 1 & 2, and a lot of others.

Think about it. Remember the first time you see a scientist geting pulled up and eating by a tentacle? That was more about atmosphere than gameplay (though it did demonstrate what those grey hanging things are). Or on MoA:AA on Normandy beach where the door opens and machine gun fires is hitting from every side, and people are yelling and panicing? That was damn cool, and without it you just be running up a little hill and hiding behind stuff. Or how about on the System Shocks? A lot of those emails you find do not really help gettting through the game but do scare the hell out of you.

This is what creates the immersion that keeps people coming back for more. This is what (IMHO) seperates a good fps from a arcade twitch game like Pac-Man or Centipede.

PHRICTION
Variation in power and quantity. Doom had human grunts who might come at you 10 at a time, and at the other end of the scale, a cyberdemon who was theoretically far, far, harder than you were. The difference between the two extremes would sometimes lull you into complacency, and also emphasise just how big and powerful a cyberdemon was.

Sadly, most FPS games after Doom moved towards higher-poly characters and ended up grinding to a halt if they had more than 3 enemies onscreen at once, so you''d just get a load of enemies varying from ''tough'' to ''super-tough''. The reduction in contrast bored me.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost | Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff ]
i want an fps that really simultes shooting people. because you can''t just do that in real life. you cant just gather up a bunch of friends, hand them guns, kick one of em and say tag you''re it. i''d love to have a game with no story, no missions, nothing but a couple people running around with guns. uber realistic and all that stuff.
...this is a recording.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement