Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Relee

VC++ Problem

Relee    122
I was trying to write a class for my engine that would handle drawing text boxes onto the screen, and when I got rid of most of my errors I found one I can''t think of a way to fix. It''s currently the only error. It goes like this: C:C++ SourceSQRL Text OutputSQRLtxtboxfuncs.cpp(16) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file ''msc1.cpp'', line 1794) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information I don''t know what to do about it! Can anybody help me? I''m willing to share the source code for my program, it''s not horribly big but it''s a little bulky, and uses DirectX. It''s loosely based on some code written by TANSTAAFL for his Isometric Game Programming book. -- Relee the Squirrel

Abob    122
Hey !!
I am having that same problem.
I was working on a program, and it was compiling fine.
But then one time when I compiled it, it gave that error.

(I reinstalled VC++ but that did not fix it)

C:\Ammon\C++\CErrorHandler\CErrorHandler.cpp(61) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
(compiler file ''msc1.cpp'', line 1786)

Thanks for any help

dedrick    122
make sure you have the latest service pack for vc. download it from ms if you don''t.

occasionally, there are still problems. one of the easiest things you can try is disabling optimization for that function/source file. use the #pragma operator or do it through the project settings.

also, search the msdn. they may have a workaround.

dedrick
www.whiteknucklegames.com

Abob    122
I don’t understand. My program is not complex (it is just a class to write an html log). And it used to work.

p.s
I do not have any service packs so I’ll try that.

sbennett    124
What I find sometimes helps with inexplicable VC++ problems is to delete all your project, intermediate, class wizard, etc. files, then re-create them. Leave the source intact, of course. It takes time, it''s annoying, but it does seem to work with some of these things.

MadKeithV    992
99% of the time it''s a service pack issue, though I''ve run into the error a few times though with nested IDL files that became too deep. If service packs don''t help, look through your code to see where you''re doing some involved things that might be too complex for the compiler to manage. Recursiveness can do this, deep nesting in some instances too.

Cyberdrek    100
quote:
Original post by Relee
I was trying to write a class for my engine that would handle drawing text boxes onto the screen, and when I got rid of most of my errors I found one I can''t think of a way to fix.

It''s currently the only error.

It goes like this:

C:C++ SourceSQRL Text OutputSQRLtxtboxfuncs.cpp(16) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR
(compiler file ''msc1.cpp'', line 1794)
Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information

I don''t know what to do about it!

Can anybody help me? I''m willing to share the source code for my program, it''s not horribly big but it''s a little bulky, and uses DirectX. It''s loosely based on some code written by TANSTAAFL for his Isometric Game Programming book.

--
Relee the Squirrel

IF you want to get a bit more info( and I do mean just a little bit more info ) try searching for C1001 in VC++''s help.

[Cyberdrek | the last true sorcerer | Spirit Mage - mutedfaith.com]

darookie    1441
Try disabling optimization as already suggested, if the service packs don''t fix the problem. Sometimes the compiler just gets stuck while trying to optimize certain code, even if the code itself doesn''t seems to be that complex.