Warez installers :)

Started by
76 comments, last by Yann L 21 years, 6 months ago
Why is this site discussing warez.

Why is this site giving credability to a couple of warez groups by discussing their stuff.

The excuse that this isnt about Warez is bullshit. Oh we''re only talking about the particle effects. Do you think we''re stupid.

Die warezers Die.

This board has really gone to pot.
Advertisement
Ummm ... CLASS rules. Maktone rules (the CLASS music composer for the uneducated) and his music can be found on www.chiptune.com

This is what the scene is all about. CLASS and MYTH consists of coders who are still cool enough to stay hardcore in what they are doing. Long live the demo artform!
-=Moogle=-
Though I doubt you'll have the balls to reply after I lay your ass flat I'm going to tell it how it is

quote:Why is this site discussing warez.

This THREAD (not the entire site) first of all, is not discussing warez. End of discussion. We've been all over this one. If you had really read the thread then you wouldn't have started off with some stupid crap like that.

quote:Why is this site giving credability to a couple of warez groups by discussing their stuff.

Well let's see, once again this site isn't doing anything whatsoever. We're not giving "credability" to anyone but the programmers who made them, most of which are part of groups like Superior Art Creations and are not warez groups.

quote:The excuse that this isn’t about Warez is bullshit. Oh we're only talking about the particle effects.

Well I hate to burst your little snot bubble but this IS in fact about the installers and demos. Whether your bitter ass wants to look at the facts or not.

quote:Do you think we're stupid.

Absolutely not, I personally think you are though for the ignorance you are showing us right now. By the way... who is this "we"? I don't recall you being more than one person.

quote:Die warezers Die.

Any credibility you may have still had at this point was just smashed to bits by that dirt-stupid remark.

quote:This board has really gone to pot.

Oh yes, take a shot at the board which harbors your little rant, and your real username "siaspete". That's right, you've been found out. Who is the only person to keep blindly complaining about this thread? Who is the only person to have said "warezers"?

I believe there was a thread complaining about anon posters because it’s an easy way for sissies to post their flames and not have their real usernames tainted. I believe it’s very obvious. Your post contains the same one-line-per-statement structure as all of siaspete's posts as well. You either can't think for yourself or there is an international standard for the writing of lame arguments without any basing in fact.

MindEngine Developer Network

Edited for *a* spelling error.

[edited by - neurokaotix on October 13, 2002 1:23:34 AM]
And for thoose saying that the sceners hated crackers, you are pathetic and uninformed. The lower class creature we all hated was called the Pirate. A pirate is a scum who takes crackers cracked software and tries to make money on it by selling it to stupid kids.
You think the demo does not originate from the crack? STFU, and read Copyright Does Not exist by Linus Wallei (google it, it is a free online book).
My brother owned a C64 at the time and was a member of a major demo group. His area? Cracking.
-=Moogle=-
quote:Original post by neurokaotix
Your post contains the same one-line-per-statement structure as all of siaspete''s posts as well.
quote]
If it was siaspete, he has never used that IP address before (the AP''s ip). A number of other users have though, I''m not sure if it''s a dial-up or univeristy IP account (somewhere near San Francisco).
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Well, if you say that the IP doesn''t match his, than I contract that portion of my post and appologize for that accusation.

MindEngine Developer Network
No, it wasn''t me. I''m in the UK and I always log in. Also, while I do strongly frown upon piracy, I did try to contribute to this thread by discussing the effects in, and methods that are used to produce, these types of demos.

Apology accepted.

Now let''s get this discussion back on track. Has anyone had any progress writing demo-in-a-popup-window apps? I bet there are a few people trying!

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
OK people, it''s obvious that we can''t have a productive technical discussion under those circumstances. This is why I am closing this thread. I''m sorry for all those who actually productively participated, and suggest opening a new thread about demo/intro coding, without the warez thing.

As for the AP: he was the same AP who swamped this thread with inflamatory posts I deleted (the IRC log on the first page, etc).

That said, I''ll make myself guilty of the unfair ''the moderator gets the last word before closing'' thing. What the heck.

quote:
This is what the scene is all about. CLASS and MYTH consists of coders who are still cool enough to stay hardcore in what they are doing.

You are pathetic. CLASS and MYTH consists of coders who waste their talents on the pitiful level of warez kiddies. There is nothing more to say about this.

quote:
And for thoose saying that the sceners hated crackers, you are pathetic and uninformed.

Well, I was once part of the (legal) demo scene for years, attendend demo parties, participated in coding competitions, etc. I can guarantee you that I''m not uninformed. And yes, crackers along with all the warez scum that came with them (eg. swappers) were more than hated. Because they gave the whole scene a dirty, illegal image and were a danger for it''s reputation. The crackers were for the demo scene what the script kiddies are on today''s internet.

For the ones interested in real demo scene productions, have a look at www.scene.org. They have a nice archive of the best demos ever released.

Oh, and BTW, to the one who sent me this ''nice'' email: you are so cool. Klez really does work very well under Irix. What a great hacker you are. Congratulations.

If someone has comments or citicism about the closing of this thread, feel free to email me.

/ Yann

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement