Warez installers :)

Started by
76 comments, last by Yann L 21 years, 6 months ago
Ok, so I got a friend (yes, really) to send me some warez installer progs because they look so awesome, there like little mini-demos\intros, so I was just wondering how they do them? Ive seen some stuff about about the non-rectangular GUIs, so that part isnt really a problem, but the've got like really cool particle systems, midi music etc, do they do it in GDI, openGL or D3D? and also ive written some particle systems, but I dont really know where to start on something as intricate\advanced in the ones in these... PS: dont turn this into a flame war about warez, and no i dont warez, im on a 56k, so even if I wanted to I cant, im just intested in the installers as you cant deny they look really sweet. (ok, picture time, 56k users beware) EDIT by ze: actually, everyone beware. You're about to download 16 images averaging over 100k each from a personal server. EDIT by elis-cool: its not really a personal server (well it is) but he hosts, so its no biggie, www.icarusindie.com Mod edit: CLOSE YOUR FREAKING QUOTES! [edited by - The Senshi on October 3, 2002 10:57:17 PM] [edited by - zealouselixir on October 3, 2002 11:07:27 PM] [edited by - elis-cool on October 3, 2002 11:35:49 PM]
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
Advertisement
I too have noticed this among warez installers. Especially that "class" one. It''s very cool and I was wondering if they did it in D3D. It seems like a waste though, doesn''t it?

--SuperRoy

[ www.Google.com ][ FlipCode IOTD ]
[ Email Me ][ WhitespaceUnlimited ]
Sup guys?
OMG WAREZ!!!!1
Whoa, could you email those to me?
matt_j@shaw.ca
I''d like to see those in motion!

Yeah, they look great, they could be equally likely to be D3D or OpenGL.
I''d like to know how they cross-fade forms onto the screen

Sub-Terra
Software - High quality free games and applications (website under construction)

matt_j@shaw.ca

subterrasoft@hotmail.com

Ok, for those that want to see them in real time, ive uploaded the few I had, (except that last class one, as I dont have it and apperently it wont work with out all the files), someone should start an archive of all these installers and game intros and what not...
you can get it here. its 1.2 MB...
[email=esheppard@gmail.com]esheppard@gmail.com[/email]
those look sooooo good. big props for a job well done. but yeah, a waste. :|
I too like class/myth installers. I have a small collection, I used to have more but I lost a few of them. I like to watch them and listen to the mod and xm music lol

MindEngine Developer Network
Of course I had to download the installers.rar file to check these programs out.

All three of them appears to use pure GDI for graphics.

Two of them uses a library called BASSMOD for MOD playback, while one of them (the Civ3 one) only seem to import the winmm waveOut* functions - it might use a custom music player or some statically linked library.

No DirectX. That surprised me a bit, actually.

[edited by - spock on October 4, 2002 5:29:10 PM]
Warezers,

Go away and don''t come back. Cheers.

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
quote:Original post by siaspete
Warezers,

Go away and don''t come back. Cheers.

Cool your jets. The demos being discussed here are only peripherally related to pirating software. And they DO look damn cool.

Don''t listen to me. I''ve had too much coffee.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement