Help with DDraw in VB

Started by
8 comments, last by zho 24 years ago
i have trouble in.... how to Blt DDrawSurface4 to DDrawsurface7 but not use GDI ,it''s slow.
Advertisement
Why do you have to different types of surfaces in the same application?

Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Because Retail Mode use surface4
and IM use surface7

the alphablend effect in RM is not as good as one in IM
Yuck, RM?

Anyhoo, correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can use ddsurf4.lpsurface = ddsurf7.lpsurface.
oh ya, I forgot to say that lpsurface is not enumerated by directx7 so check the sdk for more information
i can''t find lpSurface in VB
that just for C

that same with QueryInterface function

i can use Lock to get memory arry() but window''s API
copymemory is slow...slow as bitblt
I don''t think you can do that. VB is different than VC. And also I guess RM is too old already....

Just try not to use RM and use IM instead if possible.

-------------------------
-Now Working on Pokemon like Engine!
ddsurf.lpsurface exists. Trust me. It is in MY code and it works. I got the code from http://www.chez.com/scribe. That won''t help you though with what you are trying to do.
Wouldn''t flipping surface pointers make DD do weird stuff or raise an error? There must be a reason why DirectX is using different interface versions for compatibility.

zho: use IM, RM is not being developed anymore + it''s really slow and a pain to program. If you want some D3DIM VB samples to look at, I''ve written some samples available on http://redrival.com/voodoovb/dimercis.html (the file at the top)

============================
Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design
"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
============================Daniel Netz, Sentinel Design"I'm not stupid, I'm from Sweden" - Unknown
nes8bit : That''s using the libraries that were developed as an interface to DX before 7. Now with DX7 you don''t need that, but also you lose some of the low level functions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement