• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nat

Pr307 & land1 demo..

This topic is 6786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi Chris, It looks like you have removed support for objects added by means of LS editor in the Land1 demo by adding support for Random tree placement. Please make it support both i.e objects can be placed in LS editor and also allow for random placement for things such as trees Nat

Advertisement
The random trees just overwrite the original object values loaded from the .LSL. You could change it so it only puts trees in unused slots, but you''ll want to make sure the trees doesn''t overlap any existing object as well.

The trees were just a quick hack for the demo and not something I would really use in a game.

Chris

If I make the count as the maximum number of objects loaded by means of the editor will it suffice ?

You might have empty positions, like objects in slots 1,2,3,500,1000 or something. So look for empty slots when adding trees or start adding after the last object found.

I made the count more than the objects loaded and now it works. It was crashing if I was using more than 1000 . then I had to fix this changing the MaxEntities to 2000. But still a small problem .. the shadows don''t get formed for all objects. And it is not that objects loaded by means of LS editor get shadows and viceversa ... some objects no matter how they are placed don''t give shadows.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!