• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MENTAL

trig and the z axis

This topic is 6614 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

a while ago i posted a message about trig functions, lookup tables and rotations around the x and y axis, but now i need to know how do do it around the z axis too. please help! const int LookUpCirclePnt = 1000; // Look-Up Tables float LookUpCircleCos[LookUpCirclePnt]; float LookUpCircleSin[LookUpCirclePnt]; void Rot(int AngleX, int AngleY, int AngleZ, CVertex Center, CVertex *Object, float Radias) { Object->X = (LookUpCircleCos(AngleX) * Radius ) + Center.X; Object->Y = (LookUpCircleSin(AngleY) * Radius ) + Center.Y; Object->Z = ????; } please help! MENTAL

Advertisement
If you rotate something around the z axis, its z value does not change so you don''t need to calculate anything for the z value; it should keep its old value.

Visit our homepage: www.rarebyte.de.st

GA

I actualy meant rotate one object around the z axis of another object (Object around Center).

MENTAL

Edited by - MENTAL on 4/15/00 2:59:55 PM

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!