• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open GL selection Question...

This topic is 6523 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everybody! I''m trying to make a 3D modelling program in Open GL. And my problem is that i can''t select vetices on the screen using the mouse. What i want to do is, convert the mouse coordinates to a vertex so i can compare that vertex with all vertices in the 3d object. And if it is a close match to any vertex in the 3d object then that vertex will be selected. You know what i meen... This is the code im working with... It seems to work when I scale my 3d object but it does not work when i have rotated my object. Why? glGetDoublev( GL_PROJECTION_MATRIX, projectionMatrix ); glGetDoublev( GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX, modelviewMatrix ); glGetIntegerv( GL_VIEWPORT, viewport ); gluProject( x, y, z, modelviewMatrix, projectionMatrix, viewport, &winX, &winY, &winZ ); gluUnProject( mouseX, mouseY, winZ, modelviewMatrix, projectionMatrix, viewport, &x, &y, &z ); // Thanx, Peter....

Advertisement

• Advertisement