DirectInput, Mouse Cursors and Black Boxes

Started by
2 comments, last by NightWraith 23 years, 12 months ago
Just started learning DirectX 7, got to grips with direct draw, and getting the hang of Direct Input, however I have one (annoying) problem. I do all the necissary DirectInput creation stuff, and acquire the mouse, this (so I''ve been told) is supposed to remove the windows mouse cursor from the screen, which it does, but puts a big black box (about the same size as the black box which replaces the mouse cursor when u do a ShowCursor(0) windows call in a DirectX window.. which is why I think its mouse related...) on the screen which covers everything else. How do i get rid of it?? (without using correcting fluid?) any help is much appreciated...
NightWraith
Advertisement
try doing

SetCursor(NULL);

before you set up direct input. i''m not sure what your problem is because acquiring the mouse does get rid of the cursor for me.
Nope, afraid it didn''t work... have found out the only time this occours is when the curser is an I-Beam whilst the app is starting up (eg the cursors over a notepad window before my app goes into DirectX ''mode'')...

dont know if this''ll help anyone get a better idea of how to fix this (annoying) problem
NightWraith
Stupid idea, but if there''s a 1% chance it might help, then here you go... isn''t there a call to directly choose which mouse cursor is being shown? Try calling that to change to a different cursor before starting DirectX.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement