lags?

Started by
7 comments, last by lpsoftware 24 years ago
Hey everyone. In my Directx game, I''m getting very inconspicuous "lags" exactly every second of gameplay. When I say "lags," I mean just stops, nothing happens. Again, these lags aren''t very noticeable, but frustrating because I don''t know what''s causing them. Any ideas? Thanks, Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
Advertisement
I don''t know what could cause those lags, but you might try to set higher priority level for application.

Here''s how to do it:
SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess(),REALTIME_PRIORITY_CLASS);

Also surface locking or flipping might cause some lags if you''re using WAIT flag.

Hmm...I tried setting the priority level higher and there was no difference. I also tried taking out DDFLIP_WAIT and replaced it with NULL...it still didn''t work. Thanks anyway mussepigg

Martin
I would strongly advise against messing with priority levels.
is there possibly something wrong with your timer function?
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
is there possibly something wrong with your timer function?
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Those stupid lags are gone! I did the most genius thing left to do, that none of you would have thought of...I rebooted the computer ! Just kidding, I had to reboot the computer since windows blue-screened me, and when I compiled it ran "lag-less." Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Martin
Those stupid lags are gone! I did the most genius thing left to do, that none of you would have thought of...I rebooted the computer ! Just kidding, I had to reboot the computer since windows blue-screened me, and when I compiled it ran "lag-less." Anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

Martin
damn, that was me

Martin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement