PR Joint - Human Chrs

Started by
6 comments, last by darrin 24 years ago
Hi Guys, Any Preference on what the humans should look like, wear. I thought being off planet, they should wear full protective suits, armoured to the max, including full head helmets. BTW we have a female & male soldier model at the moment I will be away for a week & a half starting Thursday, so will try and post some shots of the human models (Fully armoured), prior to leaving. Cheers Darrin
Advertisement
That will be great
~~~º¥º -
cool
Hardcore Until The End.
Well I thought I was thiking about an uniform that look like a mixture between aliens/ Starship troopers, and actual military uniforms.
Per example I was thinking in a trooper uniform with a helmet a headset and a backpack to carry weapons, colors may be set by skins, brown for desert, camouflaged green for jungle/swamp and white for snow. armor is obligated

Womens (like in reality) will actually wear the same uniform. models will be slightly different. in poroportions

Hi Az,
Funny you should say that, cause that is how they are eventuating anyway.
Cheers
Darrin
What kind of armour will the humans have?
Will it be like picked up armour ..wherin if u have armour the character will be envoloped by some flashy stuff or will it be static armour.

Placing of the weapon in characters (In CS) hands gives some problems as it is of attached type.. Maybe be we should build a .chr editor ( any takers ) where we can interactively edit the .scr .prt etc ..

~~~º¥º -
It would be nice to use the layering from char this way it looks like addition are beeing made when power up are beeing picked up etc...

Maybe we can even have power up for vehicles this way when the power up is added you c the chnage on the vehicle
Hardcore Until The End.
Hi All,
Currently I envisage the character having standard body armour, and any armour pickups would be more sheilding/cloaking types, which do not need much mesh modifications. We can however build the CHR with minimum armour, and as he gets pickups, add the armour using the CS add layer stuff, depends how you want to code it.

I am texturing up the model tonight, so will see what we can do.

Vehicles - could also have dummy segs added at convenient positions, where we want to be able to add vehicle weapons.
This would allow for weapons to have destroyed meshes as well, rotate & animate independantly of the vehicle.
Imagine a troop carrier heading up a hill with varying levels of damage to its weapons, smoke pooring out of some etc etc, or 2 troop carriers armoured up differently.

Cheers
Darrin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement