[java] My real-time multi-player game =)

Started by
2 comments, last by iTCHY 22 years, 2 months ago
Just as an addition to the previous post regarding a high score server. I may post up some source code for all to see and scrutinize. This time it will be source code for a multi-player game. Its just a generic loking asteroids ripoff done as a project for my Java subject at uni/college. It won''t be pretty since I''ve only had a short time (< 4 months) to do it in but I guess its better than nothing. I''m in the final stages now and will post it as soon as I am allowed to do so by my lecturer. Let me know if anyone is interested so I will make the effort to provide HTML documentation for the classes and game design info. - iTCHY
Advertisement
Sounds good to me!

I''d certainly be interested in seeing your work.
I provide the source code to all the applets I write on my website. I always find the best way to learn how to do something is to learn from someone who has already done it!

- Hodglim
- HodglimHomepage
Well I guess I might as well dump it on a web site then.

I won''t be able to do it until about two to three weeks I
think since thats when I should have had it marked and given the green light to publish.

Anyway I''m hoping to improve on it and there''s no better way to do this than to receive comments from interested parties.

It is by no means perfect since it probably does not handle latency issues very well (if at all) but it runs over a LAN remarkably well. When I get time I''ll post up some screen shots but right now the graphics are appalling (just little triangles flying all over the place). The physics model is truly hilarious as well =) Needless to say my focus was less on gameplay but more towards learning to use Java''s networking classes.

- iTCHY
so where is it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement