• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndyTang

Visual Studio .NET/MFC/Unicode

This topic is 5728 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I just upgraded from VS6 to VS7 (or VS .NET) and I created an MFC application from the Wizard. In the stdafx.h I added _UNICODE at the top (but after #pragma once). Unfotunately, I get this error: Linking... libcmtd.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced in function _WinMainCRTStartup Debug/UnicodeTest.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Now I am thinking I need to change the Linker option so it uses the Unicode version of WinMainCRTStartup instead, but I cant find it! They''ve moved everything and the MSDN wasnt much help either. Any help appreciated!

Advertisement
Right-click on your project in solution explorer and select Properties at the bottom. Under Configuration Properties->General, look under Project Defaults for Character Set. Change from Use Multi-Byte Character Set to Use Unicode Character Set.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!