OpenGL window stays in taskbar problem

Started by
15 comments, last by Psycho-Coder 21 years, 6 months ago
But it causes this warning:

warning C4700: local variable ''dwExStyle'' used without having been initialized
Linking...

How is it possible to pass a non init var to a func and it still works better than ever: I dont know but I hepe somebody in the forum will bring up an explanation.

All of this fuss about a little window stayng in the taskbar )))))
Advertisement
i had that problem also, i fixed it by minimizing the window before exiting the program.
GeForce 4 is kinda old???? Granted, the MX version is nowhere near as good as the Ti, but still it is damn near the top of gaming cards atm...

God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him...
Landsknecht
My sig used to be, "God was my co-pilot but we crashed in the mountains and I had to eat him..."
But folks whinned and I had to change it.
PLEASE set dwExStyle to 0:

dwExStyle = 0;

Instead of commenting out the line, replace the WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW with a zero. You''ve just been lucky that it hasn''t been anything important in dwExStyle when it''s not initialized. Dangerous stuff
Hmm i was wondering about that think too, and it does cause some minor problems, but when u set it to zero, guess what it does the same as on the WS_EX_OVERLAPPEDWINDOW setting, maybe thi window is a little different but when its fullscreen u dont see it.

1 mere Q: how do yoi minimize the window?
Just add ShowWindow(window_handle, SW_HIDE) before closing window (and changing modes too).
-- onyXMaster
By adding this code before the release of DC and RC will fix the problem:

ANIMATIONINFO info;    info.cbSize = sizeof(info);    SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETANIMATION,sizeof(info),&info,0);    int animationWasOn = info.iMinAnimate;    if(animationWasOn)								// if window anim on disable it    {        info.iMinAnimate = false;        SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETANIMATION, sizeof(info), &info, 0);    }	ShowWindow(hWnd, SW_MINIMIZE);					// cool this prevents a bug		if(animationWasOn)								// enable it back again    {        info.iMinAnimate = true;        SystemParametersInfo(SPI_SETANIMATION, sizeof(info), &info,0);    }  

It minimizes the window, disabling and enabling window animation if necesarry (if on)!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement