Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serious Problem

This topic is 5539 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I mentioned it before but nobody could help me, so I try it again in hope somebody who can help me will read this. I can''t give my surfaces more than 30 points. That means I only can make a 30x30 big field. But I need a much bigger one. Can somebody please help me. arkansas

thx, thats a good idea..
but I still need more points.
and if i use glScale... I can'r make random hills.

arkansas

[edited by - arkansas on October 16, 2002 1:44:42 PM]

Guest Anonymous Poster
what exactly does limit your heightmaps (?) to 30x30? (personally I use several (paged) 512x512 heightfields )

Guest Anonymous Poster
ok, I render the heightmaps slightly (:D) different.
It''s a bit more complicated though (using ROAM); check http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20000403/turner_01.htm : it''s more or less what I do (used the code from there as the base)

Guest Anonymous Poster
hope it helps... as said, it''s a bit more complicated, but once you get it up and running, it''s quite easy to tweak etc.

Takes quite a bit more memory and moves a lot of work to the CPU (the example rebuilds the optimzed grids each frame; I played around with frame-cohorent (spelling?) stuff, but then culling and paging gets a bit harder...)