I want a pit

Started by
8 comments, last by ManaStone 21 years, 5 months ago
I just had an idea for a 2d medieval type game (although, I''m a long, long way from being able to implement it). The main character would fight in villages, and I would like to make a pit as an obstacle. How can I add a pit and still make the village believable? I could put flames on the ground and it would have the same effect as a pit, but I''d still prefer the pit.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Advertisement
It could be an animal pit (ie. a primitive type of pen used to hold animals like wild boars to be eaten for food).
Or it could be a dried well.

/ Jolle
You could always make your village on the edge of a dead volcano. Would that be a big enough pit for you.

If that''s too big, maybe a meteor crater.

borngamer
A Sacrifice Pit - Home to a hungry and dangerous beast who would like nothing more than for you to fall in there with him. So that he can eat you of course...

You could enhance your overall game design to include the Pit. Either force the player to defeat the beast in order to win the game, or use it as a fun distraction from the rest of the game.
--- "A penny saved never boils."
A moat, open sewer, or toxic waste spill.
what exactly does the pit do?
Sort of.. well.. nothing

I''d suggest it''s an obsticle of some sort.

Perhaps some body of water that hasn''t been mentioned. Lake, river, pond, dam, ditch, etc. Could be dry too...

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA | LiT | H*R ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

What about a quicksand pit?
a big mouth!

some sort of supernatural phenomenon.

it would eat him!

mmm tasty.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement