user breakpoints stopping program.

Started by
1 comment, last by jollyjeffers 21 years, 6 months ago
hi, I''m in the process of writing a simple AI program to test breadth first and depth first (heuristics later) searching. But I''ve got a really stupid problem and I dont know how to fix it. I''m using VS.Net Enterprise / Visual C++ 7 Basically, somewhere I get an "unhandled exception : User Breakpoint" which would make sense if I had any breakpoints, but i dont. I had some, but I''ve removed them all now. When it drops to Dissassembly, I can see an "int 3" command, along with several others further down the listing. I know these are breaks, but I dont know whats causing them to be there. I also cant find what file, line or function is generating this code (it''s debug, but it''s not putting my lines of code in with dissassembly). Any way I can backtrack it to find the dodgy line? maybe then I can work out WTF is going on!! Any help is greatly appreciated; I can share my source code if anyones interested... regards, Jack DirectX 4 VB: All you need for multimedia programming in Visual Basic Formula 1 Championship Manager, My Game Project.

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Advertisement
That breakpoint is somewhere within a system dll/foreign dll. For one thing, you can try installing the debug symbols for your operating system (there should be a link in the VS startmenu).

You also can try opening the call stack and looking there, that should show you the module you currently are in.

Ciao, ¡muh!
They're watching us...
thanks...

I''ll check it out, but when I tried opening the callstack in vs.net it just wouldn''t open - I got a tab at the bottom of the screen, but clicking on it wouldn''t do anything... odd.

regards
Jack;

DirectX 4 VB: All you need for multimedia programming in Visual Basic
Formula 1 Championship Manager, My Game Project.

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement