multithreading gtk

Started by
3 comments, last by stefu 21 years, 5 months ago
Hello! I''m writing multithreding network game on gtk2 and got this problem: Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x26ac)! I don''t know yet how to solve this. I found that it occurs when I try to write to textbuffer from another thread (network receiving thread). I have to kill app then. I already tried using gdk_threads_enter/leave(). It didn''t help. Then I noticed that need to call first g_thread_init(NULL) and gdk_threads_init() but segmentation fault occurse even if I link with libgthreads I try to find a solution, but if anyone knows solution I''d be very pleased
Advertisement
The problem actually is not there if I remove these lines:
GtkAdjustment *vadj = gtk_scrolled_window_get_vadjustment(GTK_SCROLLED_WINDOW(scroll_view));gtk_adjustment_set_value(vadj, vadj->upper); // <-- This caused async error} 

Those just scroll text-view down to view text that was appended at end of text-buffer. Is there other ways or automatic ways to scroll down?
Hi, hope someone hears

Here's the simples gtk app possible with thread safety:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>int main (int argc, char *argv[]){  GtkWidget *window;  g_thread_init (NULL);  gdk_threads_init();  gtk_init (&argc, &argv);  window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);  gtk_widget_show(window);  gdk_threads_enter();  gtk_main();  gdk_threads_leave();  return 0;}    

Then I compile it:
g++ gtest.cpp -o gtest `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0` `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0` -lgthread  

And I'm getting Segmentation fault as soon as I run it! What am I doing wrong?

[edited by - stefu on October 20, 2002 4:00:14 PM]
I wasso stupid
I had to link with -lgthread-2.0 instead of lgthread of course

Nice to hear you solved it. I haven''t done any Gtk programming so I kept my mouth shut. Hopefully a few others have been paying attention and have learned from your experience. Congratulations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement