• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jono

Game Over!

This topic is 5726 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello game development creators, as you can guess from the title, i''m fedup now with game development it''s annoying to see other people boasting about there games there making when i can''t even seem to beable to setup simple software to help me create games, i''ve always wanted to create games love making graphics, but now i think i must give up any chance that i could possibly make a simple side-scroller. yours sincery, jono

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Well it was great having you on the show, sorry no parting gifts today.

Guest Anonymous Poster
quote:
Original post by LoneStranger
one less person

one person fewer.

If you''re a beginner, you could try starting a little simpler than a side scroller. And you can always get different software, or try other languages. You don''t have to give up so easily.

Yes, stick with it! You have to realize that the "other people boasting about there games there making" have a lot of experience. Game programming is really fun, it just takes some pacience. (PS: Did I spell that right?).

Don''t give up. Just bring your questions here. If you are having a lot of problems, just ask one question at a time. People here will help. Those bozos who answered first might not, but most will.

Make it work.
Make it fast.

"I’m happy to share what I can, because I’m in it for the love of programming. The Ferraris are just gravy, honest!" --John Carmack: Forward to Graphics Programming Black Book

Yes don''t give up! I felt like giving many times, but now that I understand the basics of C++ and C, I''m moving onto game programming books. I found that the people at GameDev are really good when it comes to answering questions, and they don''t think of you being someone "stupid". Thanks to GameDev for the great support you guys offer.

Don''t Give Up!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!