Poll (On which language people here are using?)

Started by
36 comments, last by MARS_999 21 years, 6 months ago
I am wondering what is the most used language by all people at gamedev.net? I am using C++. Just trying to get an idea what ratio of people are using C vs C++ and then compare that to other languages e.g. Java, VB, Pascal. Thanks all.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by MARS_999
I am wondering what is the most used language by all people at gamedev.net? I am using C++. Just trying to get an idea what ratio of people are using C vs C++ and then compare that to other languages e.g. Java, VB, Pascal. Thanks all.

I use Delphi 4 with JEDI DirectX 8.1 units.
I use C++.
Not because I think it''s better (I don''t think it is), but because I am better at it because I know it more and I like it very much. I could pretty much achieve the same thing with other languages, but I wouldn''t be as happy as am I using C++.

----------------
Blaster
Computer game programmer and part time human being
Strategy First - http://www.strategyfirst.com
BlasterSoft - http://www.blastersoft.com
I use C++, but barely. Most of my code could just as well be C.

-Arek the Absolute
-Arek the Absolute"The full quartet is pirates, ninjas, zombies, and robots. Create a game which involves all four, and you risk being blinded by the sheer level of coolness involved." - Superpig
C++
My first language, so I''m pretty good with it it now, though I''ve definitely got to check out java
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Java was my first real language, I love it and use it constantly to this day. C++, of course, is wonderful as well. I also like Python a lot.
"There is no reason good should not triumph at least as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they're organized along the lines of the mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut
Pick a mainstream language and I probably use it at least once a month.

For most of my personal stuff I used Delphi 5 Pro, its an excellent IDE and RAD environment, and has extremely clean syntax.
I use C++ the king of all languages and C# my current favorite

Have fun

--
www.bunnz.com
Have fun BunnzPunch'n'Crunch
E-mail Gaiiden (Drew Sikora) and suggest this as a poll. You''ll get a more complete picture of GameDev members'' programming language choices with a front-page poll than a thread in General Programming can provide. Besides, he''s looking for poll topics.

I''d suggest breaking into categories:
Compiled multi-paradigm/OO (C++)
Compiled/interpreted OO (Java, Ruby, etc)
Compiled procedural
Interpreted procedural
Other (graphical, etc)

I mostly use C++, but dabble in a host of other languages for a variety of programming tasks. No, I don''t make games.
Mostly Delphi 6.0 with JEDI 8.1 units.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement