Free Tilesets?

Started by
4 comments, last by csolar 21 years, 6 months ago
I am making a small RPG game in my spare time. Like most programmers I can''t draw to save my life. I have Photoshop, Paint Shop, and other graphic programs, but I can''t make good graphics with any of them. Pathetic, I know. Anyway, does anyone know where I can get free tilesets? I know about SpriteLib but I guess the guy is getting cheap and wants to make some money. And that doesn''t leave me with many options. So mabey someone could post a link to somewhere I can get good game graphics. Thanks.
They can write what they like, so long as I get the royalties.
Advertisement
try http://www.gsarchives.com

but only as placeholders!

2DNow - Specializing in yesterday''s technology today!
quote:Original post by csolar
I know about SpriteLib but I guess the guy is getting cheap and wants to make some money.

personally i don''t think that is cheap at all. His tilesets were becomming widely used. If the demand is there then he is more then welcome to cash in on his work of the stuff that he created. you can''t allways get something for nothing. the world just doesn''t allways work like that.

"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
"The human mind is limited only by the bounds which we impose upon ourselves." -iNfuSeD
Ok ok, I'm just a little mad at him for selling it. But anyway, I was thinking that mabey someone could email it to me? My address is csolar1124@attbi.com. It would be very much apreciated. But what I really need is some ground graphics. Like grass, water, desert, coast, etc. So if someone would like to share, I would be very happy to include their name in the credits. Along with my thanks.

[edited by - csolar on October 17, 2002 5:40:12 PM]

[edited by - csolar on October 17, 2002 5:40:56 PM]
They can write what they like, so long as I get the royalties.
I got heaps of seamless textures which I''ve collected from web, if you want, you can use them for tiles (put them on quad in a simple 3d editing program and render to make up a tile). IF you want them, mail me at acolyte@ozforces.com.au and we will figure the best way for you to get them.

Cheers.

" Do we need us? "

Ionware Productions - Games and Game Tools Development

I don''t know if I''ll buy sprites or textures online anymore. I paid for spriteworks and they sent me an invalid zipped archive. I can''t open it and now after a week or so they still won''t respond to my emails.
Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement