Where's the Profiler In .Net?

Started by
4 comments, last by Ximmer 21 years, 6 months ago
I''ve been looking for it for a half hour now and I came to a page in the MSDN that said the /PROFILE option in the linker was removed (Or changed to /FIXED:something or other)... and so the question is... has anyone found a profiler for VC7 through the IDE?
Advertisement
It''s been removed, or rather not re-implemented for the new version.

CompuWare makes one for it, but it sucks (as most, if not all, CompuWare software does). It''s non-managed code support is limited.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
Dang =(
I guess I should qualify that, since I only used the beta - they said that received several complaints about the poor unmanaged support and that they were likely to do something about it for the final product.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
If your using an AMD process they have a free profiler available, its called CodeAnalyst just got to http://www.amd.com and search for it.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
If I remember right CodeAnalyst also works with other procs...just doesn''t give tips for optimizing for Intel procs. Very good though for a free profiler.

Reality is Relative -Me and Probably somebody else
VSEDebug Visual Studio.NET Add-In. Enhances debugging in ways never thought possible.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement