python prob

Started by
3 comments, last by denethor 21 years, 6 months ago
Anyone know what''s wrong with this code? Py_Initialize(); FILE *fp = fopen("test.py", "r"); PyRun_SimpleFile(fp, "test.py"); It keeps generating a KERNEL32 error access violation. Note that it is an attempt to embed python with c++.
Advertisement
Try compiling the Python DLLs yourself. The access violation may be caused by you using a different C runtime than the DLL is using.

does the file exist?

if it can''t find it, it will fail
Like you said mutex..I just found it''s due to a FILE incompatibiltiy across differnt run-time libs.

So now i''m trying to do it by loading the script in a buffer, then calling PyRun_SimpleString(). The problem is that when the text file loads, the formatting, such as newlines, are not being preserved, resulting in sytax errors. How can I do so?
quote:Original post by denethor
The problem is that when the text file loads, the formatting, such as newlines, are not being preserved, resulting in sytax errors. How can I do so?

fopen( "test.py", "rb" ); ?

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement