Argh what do people here think of Palladium??

Started by
16 comments, last by MARS_999 21 years, 6 months ago
I know this has nothing to do with game programming but does have a effect on hobby coders like people here who can''t afford to get their software ok''d by M$$. God if the technology actually happens to come true looks like I might have to go back to a Macintosh and hope that they don''t have to deal with Palladium. One question "wheres the freedom?". God everday M$$ moves higher on my hate meter!! My question is what will people here do when that day comes? Will you move to Linux or Mac or just throw more of your freedoms down the drain? Thanks all!
Advertisement
*yawn*

[My site|SGI STL|Bjarne FAQ|C++ FAQ Lite|MSDN|Jargon]
Ripped off from various people
[size=2]
Palladium is a pretty good system, but I prefer GURPS or Warhammer.
WhiteWolf, all the way.
daerid@gmail.com
Wow, you spelled MS with 2 $s. I''m impressed.
quote:Original post by MARS_999
I know this has nothing to do with game programming but does have a effect on hobby coders like people here who can''t afford to get their software ok''d by M$$. God if the technology actually happens to come true looks like I might have to go back to a Macintosh and hope that they don''t have to deal with Palladium. One question "wheres the freedom?". God everday M$$ moves higher on my hate meter!! My question is what will people here do when that day comes? Will you move to Linux or Mac or just throw more of your freedoms down the drain? Thanks all!

You _do_ know that unsigned code works fine on a palladium computer. It just can''t access the new palladium features...
what is Palladium?
astoria for me
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
what is Palladium?

It''s a (possibly) upcoming version of Windows that would work with Intels new security initiative. Basically it would allow software (for example "Quake 4") to be digitally signed. Using this Palladium in partnership with the hardware can prevent you from running pirated software on your computer (in simplistic terms any software that is signed by the programmer is protected). Now obviously this is an affront to everything we hold dear. Fortunately there are still heroes that are willing to fight such evils. You can join others in worshiping one of these martyrs here
Wow, I''ve never seen a more appropriate need for this:
Thank you for the warning about Palladium

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement