Any Mac Programmers?

Started by
6 comments, last by Narz 21 years, 6 months ago
I just got C++ the other day, gonna be learning it from the ground up, last time I did any programming was with BASIC for the Apple IIe I was wondering anyone here do any programming on the Mac with C++. If so could I check out your games? I do not want to take anyone''s code, idea or concept. I just want some inspiration and am curious to see what others have done. Thanks! - Narz "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee
"Absorb what is useful, discard what is not, add what is uniquely your own."- Bruce Lee
Advertisement
we mac programmers are out here.. but we try to stay hidden. A great place to learn more about mac specific game programming is from idevgames.com Plus they have a contest currently called udevgames where everyone will be releasing their source code to their game afterwards. That will be a great resource to beginners such as yourself.
Which system are you looking to write for? OSX is *very* different from the earlier systems...

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Everything Unix
Discuss anything related to *BSD, Irix, Linux, Mac , Solaris, etc.

Make Oly happy, and get some activity in there... who knows, you might get a cookie? ^_^

[edited by - Ronin_54 on October 17, 2002 5:35:50 AM]
I have a mac, powerpc i think, ne-way, I was wondering how easy is it to program in c, or maby c++, on it.
What compiler is the best for beginers? and where could i get it.
it''s not connected 2 da internet so it would probably need to be on a CD, Can you help me?
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.
>we mac programmers are out here.. but we try to stay hidden

Why?
I write Mac software for a living. It''s an excellent platform, but can be much harder to learn than MS Windows, simply because the documentation isn''t the greatest.

The best thing to do is go to http://developer.Apple.com and download the samples there.

Will

------------------http://www.nentari.com
I had two Mac's and sold them both. Why a little to slow with getting updates for games to run smooth and really want IBM to make the next CPU for Apple e.g. Power4 CPU. If IBM makes the CPU for Apple I will go aback. Mac's are not as fast as the PC right now but mhz vs. mhz its the same or really close. If your new to coding on the Mac you should learn C and ObjC. ObjC is awesome for Apps plus most of Cocoa is in ObjC if I remember right. ObjC is like C++ but more dynamic. ObjC is C's OOP. So you could use C for the engine and ObjC for the rest of the game thats not depend on speed. Just my thoughts. Have fun. Oh BTW idevgames.net is a great place to learn and meet good people. Later

"You have Freedom, sir"
"Were do I have freedom"
"Only in your head, we control the rest of your body and life for now"
"My FREEDOM isn't for sale"

[edited by - Mars_999 on October 19, 2002 11:08:29 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement