MFC without AppWizard?

Started by
2 comments, last by nicho_tedja 21 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone know any tutorials or resources "how to" about MFC without using AppWizard at all? For example, I want to make a docking toolbar from scratch using MFC without AppWizard, or a splitter window. Even Jeff Prosise''s book uses AppWizard. All resources I can find talk about AppWizard. I''m sick of it. If you have suggestions for me not to "hate" AppWizard, I''d be glad to hear, or good resources of using/modifying it, I''ll be glad to hear. My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
My compiler generates one error message: "does not compile."
Advertisement
quote:Original post by nicho_tedja
Even Jeff Prosise''s book uses AppWizard.

This is not correct. I have the first edition of his book "Programming Windows with MFC" and it does *not* use the AppWizard. You are taught everything from the ground up without the AppWizard. In fact this very point is pointed out on back of the book. I assume that this holds for the second edition too.

Jacob Marner, M.Sc.
Console Programmer, Deadline Games
Jacob Marner, M.Sc.Console Programmer, Deadline Games
quote:Original post by felonius
This is not correct. I have the first edition of his book "Programming Windows with MFC" and it does *not* use the AppWizard. You are taught everything from the ground up without the AppWizard. In fact this very point is pointed out on back of the book. I assume that this holds for the second edition too.

Oh, I''m referring to the 2nd edition. Yes, Jeff Prosise uses AppWizard in 2nd edition, starting from Chapter 4 (that''s exactly when things got interesting, damn him).

Might I suggest a great book I just finished reading which explains all the hidden code that the App Wizard does and more or less shows you how to build an MFC app from the ground up.

The book is called ''Introduction to MFC Programming with Visual C++'' written by Richard Jones. Here''s the link via Chapters (not sure what it is on Amazon).

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/item.asp?Catalog=Books&Section=Books&Cat=&Lang=en&Item=978013016629&mscssid=FUNPBV0L2B7Q9JHDWPK7J8QTKWGEF1C7&WSID=151006ECB04E52B248D6B5E1B8F17546EACB0817

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement